Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
CHOOSING YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON | EYE SURGEON | OCULOFACIAL SURGEON
Cosmetic surgery is an exacting medical field of specialties that requires years of experience and training to achieve true proficiency and to perfect the finessed techniques necessary to produce exceptional results. Your choice of a qualified, experienced specialty plastic surgeon is crucially important to the overall success of your surgery.
While is it always important to carefully research your medical professionals, the selection process to find an exceptional specialty plastic surgeon must be performed with particular attention to a number of key variables:
- Although some cosmetic procedures can technically be performed by surgeons who are not specifically trained in specialty areas of plastic surgery, this lack of specialized training may increase the potential for complications and undesirable aesthetic results. Choose a surgeon with extensive experience and proven results to help you achieve the goal of beautifully natural results that are tailored to your unique needs and aesthetic preferences.
- Always check the credentials of your cosmetic surgeon, looking in particular for a surgeon who is properly credentialed, experienced in the procedure you are considering, and highly esteemed by patients and colleagues alike.
- Because it involves modification of the delicate facial features, cosmetic surgery of the eyes or face should only be performed by a qualified oculofacial plastic surgeon who has mastered the advanced surgical techniques necessary to preserve your inherent natural beauty and maintain a harmonious balance of your facial features. Specialized training in both oculofacial plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery provides a level of expertise not found in the surgeon who “does everything.”
- If you are interested in undergoing cosmetic eyelid surgery, make sure that your facial surgeon has a strong educational and fellowship background, as well as years of experience specializing in a variety of cosmetic eyelid surgeries, such as: eyelid lift surgery, blepharoplasty, eyelid reconstruction, eyelid correction surgery, and medical eyelid surgery for conditions like eyelid ptosis and basal cell carcinoma of the eyelid.
- The best cosmetic surgeons will never employ a ‘cookie cutter’ or ‘one size fits all’ surgical approach. Instead, the most qualified surgeon will take the time to work collaboratively with you, listening to your aesthetic concerns and studying your distinctive facial structure, before advising you as to the optimal treatment course to fulfill your specific cosmetic objectives.
- Your doctor should be experienced treating a wide range of cosmetic concerns for a diverse group of patients. Furthermore, your doctor should have a proven history of producing naturally beautiful results, as evidenced by untouched before-and-after photos that demonstrate a versatile clinical skillset. It is important to closely examine these case study photos to make sure that your potential surgeon customizes every procedure.
WHAT SETS DR. STEINSAPIR APART
- EXTENSIVE TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: People travel worldwide to seek treatment with Dr. Steinsapir, a multi-fellowship-trained oculofacial surgeon with a private practice located Beverly Hills, where he specializes in custom-tailored, minimally invasive facial surgeries. Dr. Steinsapir’s impressive educational background includes a medical degree from UCLA; a Residency in Ophthalmology at The University of Chicago; a two-year fellowship in orbital surgery and a one-year fellowship in oculofacial plastic surgery at UCLA´s prestigious Jules Stein Eye Institute; and an additional two years of fellowship training with an acclaimed cosmetic surgeon in Rancho Mirage.
- INDIVIDUALIZED APPROACH: Cosmetic facial surgery is truly an art form, and requires not only a vast surgical skillset, but also meticulous attention to even the tiniest of details. As a cosmetic surgeon who understands how subtle differences in facial structure influence treatment outcomes, Dr. Steinsapir eschews generalized surgical techniques, and instead takes the time to personalize each cosmetic procedure, which is critical to producing natural, individualized results.
- HIGHLY ESTEEMED AMONG COLLEAGUES AND PATIENTS ALIKE: Dr. Steinsapir’s reputation as a forward-thinking leader in minimally invasive oculofacial surgical techniques has earned him the respect of his professional colleagues, and has inspired individuals from all over the world to travel to his practice to reap the benefits of his experience and expertise. Dr. Steinsapir’s vast training and educational background has formed the basis for his innovative, evidence-based, treatment protocols, which have been widely acclaimed by researchers, leading physicians, and satisfied patients.
- PERSONALIZED SERVICE: Dr. Steinsapir will personally plan and perform your surgery, then follow up with you throughout your healing process. Unlike many practitioners, Dr. Steinsapir never relies on technicians or assistants to perform even basic procedures.
- PIONEER OF ADVANCED CLINICAL TECHNIQUES: Dr. Steinsapir is a leader in minimally invasive, cutting-edge eyelid treatments. He actively participates in ongoing clinical research in the field of oculofacial surgery, and serves as a reviewer for the major ophthalmology journals and as an Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA.
- EXCEPTIONAL PATIENT CARE: Dr. Steinsapir is a caring, compassionate, and approachable doctor who takes the time to listen to your needs and thoughtfully plans your custom treatment experience. Dr. Steinsapir’s extensive surgical skillset is complemented by his friendly, trustworthy personality, and his high level of patient accessibility. Dr. Steinsapir takes pride in personally answering his patients’ questions and empowering them with straightforward facts about their treatment options.
CONTACT DR. STEINSAPIR
If you would like additional information about Dr. Steinsapir, or are interested in having Dr. Steinsapir perform your cosmetic enhancement procedure, please contact our office today. You may also continue to explore Dr. Steinsapir’s website www.Lidlift.com, where you will find in-depth information about each cosmetic procedure Dr. Steinsapir performs, before-and-after case studies, and answers to frequently asked questions about cosmetic surgery. If you are ready to begin your transformative aesthetic enhancement experience, we encourage you to take the first step by calling to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Steinsapir—while there is never an obligation, we provide the convenient option of offering you many of our nonsurgical treatments at the time of your consultation. Ask about this option when you schedule your consultation.