Frequently Asked Questions
- Is BOTOX® Safe?
- I’ve heard that BOTOX® can be taken up by motor nerves and transported into the brain. This sounds pretty scary to me. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does this effect account for BOTOX® side effects?
- I’ve been going to the same place now for my last few BOTOX® treatments. At first it was really the best BOTOX® I had ever experienced but now it only seems to last a few weeks. Am I becoming immune to BOTOX®?
- I am very confused about how BOTOX® is priced. Some places offer it by the unit and some places charge by the area. Whats up?
- I have blepharospasm with difficulty opening my eyes at times. I get Botox® every 4 to 6 months for this problem. Since I am new to the area, I actually fly back to Baltimore to get my treatment. Does Dr. Steinsapir treat blepharospasm?
- I developed a droopy eyelid after a BOTOX® service a few years ago. I swore off Botox® for a while but I am thinking of doing it again. What are my chances of developing another droopy eyelid?
- I am an actor and I need to retain the ability to make facial expression. Should I avoid Botox® all together?
- How much down time should I expect with my Microdroplet™ BOTOX® treatment?
- What can I do to minimize the risk of bruising?
- I am on Coumadin® on the order of my doctor because I have a history of atrial fibrillation. Should I stop my Coumadin® before having BOTOX®?
- How much Restylane® do I need under my eyes and how much will the service cost?
- How come Dr. Steinsapir does not use permanent filler or fat to fill in the dark circle?
- What does Dr. Steinsapir think of Juvederm®? Why does he prefer Restylane®?
- What does Dr. Steinsapir think of Perlane®?
- How long will my treatment last?
- I had under eye Restylane® treatment at a Medi-Spa a couple of years ago. I was really unhappy with that service and I think that I still have a visible bluish streak in my lower eyelid from the treatment. Is there anything that can be done about this?
- How much down time should I expect with my under eye Restylane® treatment?
- What can I do to minimize the risk of bruising?
- I am on Coumadin® on the order of my doctor because I have a history of atrial fibrillation. Should I stop my Coumadin® before having under eye Restylane®?
- I am thinking of having eyelid surgery. How much recovery time should I allow?
- I am taking a number of herbal products that my acupuncturist has recommended. Will that be a problem for my eyelid surgery?
- I take Plavix® prescribed by my internist due to a stroke I had 8 months ago. Should I go ahead and stop this ahead of my consultation knowing that I want surgery?
- I was born with a heavy eyelid on one side. Is this a condition that can be fixed with eyelid surgery?
- I have heaviness in my upper eyelid fold. Will Dr. Steinsapir accept my health insurance?
- I saw a surgeon who proposed laser resurfacing my eyelids and told me this is a type of eyelid lift. Do I really need surgery if laser resurfacing will lift the eyelids?
- I am thinking of having eyelid surgery. How do I know if I am a candidate?
- I had eyelid surgery in Hong Kong several years ago. They gave me a double fold. At first the results looked good but a year later almost all of the effects were gone. Is this something that Dr. Steinsapir can fix?
- A few years ago I had eyelid surgery in Newport Beach. Initially, I was very happy with my upper eyelid surgery. However, now I think too much surgery was performed. I once had a much fuller upper eyelid and now my upper eyelids are very hollow and my upper eyelids seems to hang down. Is there anything that can be done?
- Is it possible to have eyelid surgery awake and in the office?
- I am thinking about having eyelid surgery. I am nervous to have the surgery. Can it be performed under general anesthesia?
- I am thinking about having laser eyelid surgery and I want to know what kind of laser does Dr. Steinsapir use to perform eyelid surgery.
- I am thinking of having eyelid surgery. My plastic surgeon tells me I can combine this with body liposuction and breast implant surgery at the same time. Can Dr. Steinsapir do my eyelid surgery at the time of these other procedures?
Asian Eyelid Surgery
- What Should I Know about Ptosis and Asian Eyelids?
- I think I need my Asian Eyelid Surgery fixed.
- What Should I Know about Asian Eyelid Surgery?
- Do Asian doctors make the best Asian eyelid surgeons?
- I have been thinking of eyelid surgery but now that I’ve read this discussion of the forehead lift, how do I know if I am a candidate for the endoscopic forehead lift?
- Twelve years ago I had an open forehead lift. I think it is time for another and I am wondering if I can have an endoscopic forehead lift even though my last procedure was done open?
- I have had hair grafting. Will the incisions for the endoscopic forehead lift damage my hair grafts?
- Are there any significant health concerns I should be worried about in having an endoscopic forehead lift?
- Can I have BOTOX® as an alternative to a forehead lift?
- How long will an endoscopic forehead lift last?
- How do I know I am ready for a face lift?
- I am thinking of having a face lift but I am afraid of the pain. A girl friend of mine had a face lift and she had to stay drugged in a recovery facility for 5 days.
- I’ve been reading about the deep plane face lift. Does Dr. Steinsapir perform a deep plane face lift?
- I am considering having a face lift. It is reasonable to have abdominal liposuction at the same time?
- How does Dr. Steinsapir close the ear? I have a girl friend who had a face lift and her ears have never looked right.
- When will I be able to resume my workout after my face lift?
- How do I know if I am a candidate for having my face lift awake in the office procedure suite?
- I really don’t have a neck cord but I do have more fullness in my lower face and I am wondering if I could benefit from a lower face and neck liposuction rather than a lower face lift?
- How does Dr. Steinsapir decide when to recommend noninvasive procedures and when to recommend surgery for the midface?
- I have consulted other doctors and none of them seem to use a hand-carved implant. Why is Dr. Steinsapir’s approach so different?
- I consulted a surgeon who feels that all I need is a fat transfer to my midface and all of the issues will be corrected. Does Dr. Steinsapir offer this approach?
- I broke my cheekbone several years ago. At the time, I had several surgeries to fix the break. Despite this, the repaired cheek has never been right and my eyelid on that side looks pulled down. Can midface surgery help me?
- I have bags in my lower eyelids. I have had several consultations and they seem split between eyelid surgery alone or eyelid surgery with a midface lift. I have never thought of filling the midface with Restylane® until seeing Dr. Steinsapir’s website. Why did none of the cosmetic surgeons I have seen recommend this option?
- I had lower eyelid surgery that seemed to hollow out my lower eyelids and change the shape of my eyes. Another surgeon performed a lateral canthoplasty and did some fat transfer to my lower eyelid but the results have never been to my liking. I am wondering if Dr. Steinsapir’s midface surgery can help me?
- I am getting a monthly Jessner’s peel by my aesthetician. How does that differ from the peels that Dr. Steinsapir performs?
- My cosmetic surgeon tells me that chemical peels are obsolete and has recommended that I get a series of Fraxel® laser treatments instead. What does Dr. Steinsapir think of Fraxel®?
- My cosmetic surgeon has recommended that I have CO2 laser resurfacing. I am a little nervous about the treatment especially after reading in his brochure that it is normal to have a result that leaves the face lighter than the neck. Is a chemical peel an alternative to CO2 laser resurfacing?
- I am thinking of having a laser peel. What are these and what are the alternatives?
- Several years ago, I had laser resurfacing of my lower eyelids. I developed hyperpigmentation of the skin. The doctor who treatment me said that this was normal and would resolve in time but never did. Is there anything that can be done for this issue?
- I have heard that chemical peels are very uncomfortable. How will I know if I can tolerate a chemical peel?
- I had a C-section with my last pregnancy. My daughter is now four. I’ve lost my “baby fat,” but I have this roll of fat just above my C-section scar that I can’t seem to loose. I saw a plastic surgeon who told me I needed a tummy tuck but I really don’t want my C-section scar made any bigger and also he told me I’ll have a scar around my belly button. Isn’t there some other option?
- What does Dr. Steinsapir think of Mesotherapy? Is this a good alternative to liposuction?
- Is it possible to get all the fat out if liposuction is performed under local anesthesia?
- I am thinking about having liposuction but I am black and it seems like every needle stick causes my skin to darken around where I get poked. Will this be a problem of me when I have liposuction?
- I am considering Lap-band® surgery because I am 100 pounds above my desired weight. Will liposuction help me achieve my desired body weight?
- I am a male bathing suit model. I am 5’10” and weigh 140 pounds. In my pictures I think that I would look better if my love handles were not so obvious. Could liposuction help me achieve my goals?
- I am in my late thirties and I hate my arms. I seem to be getting those flabby fat deposits in my arms. Can this be improved with liposuction?
- I previously had liposuction. I don’t think it was done with tumescent because I had general anesthesia. I definitely had an improvement but the surgery left me with some irregularities. In particular, my belly button looks like there is a donut around it. Can anything be done about these irregularities?
- I had liposuction a few years ago and I think that in a few places the doctor took too much fat. I actually think that in a few places the skin is sitting on my muscle. Is there anything that can be done about this?
- Will Dr. Steinsapir accept my insurance?
- I don’t find Dr. Steinsapir listed as a provider for my health plan. Can I still use my health insurance for reconstructive surgery?
- I am a school teacher and I am thinking of having reconstructive surgery with Dr. Steinsapir during my winter break. How much notice do I need to give the office?
- I had a cancer removed from one of my eyelids and a reconstruction at the same time. I am very discouraged by my appearance but my current doctor does not seem to take my concerns seriously. I am grateful that the cancer was successfully removed but I am wondering if anything can be done for my appearance?
Fixing Eyelid Surgery
- Too much of my upper eyelid folds were removed at the time of upper eyelid surgery leaving my upper eyelid sulcus hollow and the eye skeletonized. What can be done?
- I think my upper eyelid creases were made too high. Is there anything that can be done to help this?
- The skin on my upper eyelid platform is wrinkled and loose. I can’t seem to keep makeup on without it smudging. Is there anything that can be done to help this?
- My upper eyelashes point down. It bothers my vision and makes my eyes look dull. Is there any thing that can be done about this?
- Since my upper eyelid surgery, the inner corners of my eyes look heavy. What causes this and what can be done?
- My eyelids seem very heavy since my blepharoplasty. What causes this and what can be done?
- Since my eyelid surgery my eyes seem very dry and at night I don’t think I close my eyes. What can be done about this?
- Since my lower eyelid surgery the area under my eyes seems hollow. What causes this and what can be done about it?
- Since my lower eyelid surgery my lower eyelids look pulled down. What’s up with this?
- I had lower eyelid surgery and there seems to be residual fullness in the outer third of my lower eyelids. Is it possible that my doctor missed some eyelid fat?
- I had a fat transfer to my lower eyelid to fix my under eye circles and now I have lumps and my circles are still there. What is going on and what options do I have?
- Since my midface surgery, the skin in my lower eyelid bunches up when I smile. What is going on and what can I do about this?
- When I lived in the Bay Area Patrick Bitter Jr., M.D. did several Fotofacial® for me. Is Dr. Steinsapir familiar with Dr. Bitter?
- What exactly is a Fotofacial®?
- I have veins in my lower eyelid. Will the Fotofacial® address these?
- I get cold sores. Will this be a problem with my Fotofacial®?
- I previously had a series of Fotofacials® a few years ago. Would I benefit from more Fotofacials®?